Friday 20 April 2018

TWO EARLY VISITS TO THE LOCAL PATCH.



The forecast was excellent so off I went to Marsh Lane on Thursday and Friday mornings getting there not long after 7.30 both days.It was very warm on Thursday straightaway but this morning it was very cold for the first 2 hours.

Best shots on Thursday were of a friendly Chiffchaff along the causeway......




...... and of the Cetti's Warbler also along the causeway.I was very pleased to get these shots because I had failed to get any decent shots lately due to twigs in the way and being too damned slow.











There was a bit of excitement on Thursday just before I left when we all heard a Cuckoo calling somewhere along the streamline but despite hearing it calling for the next hour no one saw it.

This morning  among the best shots taken were of a distant Dunlin on the RW pool.






Then I finally got my first decent shots of a Sedge Warbler this year.














Hadn't seen a Little Egret for quite a while so I was pleased when 3 turned up.





No comments: