Sunday 7 January 2018

A BEWICK'S SWAN AT THE LOCAL PATCH.



No way was I going to venture out with the camera today it was far too cold for an aging wimp (me) however when I received a text mid morning that a Bewick's Swan was on the RW pool at Marsh Lane after an early lunch I drove over there.

Luckily it was not too far off when I got to the RW pool and I managed some decent shots from the River hide.












After that I had yet another go trying for a decent shot of a Brambling. I soon found one with the Chaffinch flock but they would not come into range so no shots again.A Kestrel did zoom over very quickly though.




I then headed into the CP hide as a Med Gull had been reported there in the morning.I then had a bit of a problem trying to find it : No other birders in the hide to help the search and there were at least a 100 BH Gulls on the islands.I did manage a few poorish shots of what might be the Med Gull but I've made many mistakes ID'ing them in the winter. 








No comments: