Saturday 4 November 2017

TWO VISITS TO THE LOCAL PATCH.



Popped over to Marsh Lane early on Friday morning and after the ringer left I had the place to myself which was not a surprise as it was pretty gloomy.

Saw a pair of Linnets near the CP feeders.






Still in the CP area I then had an interesting half an hour with a Greater Spotted Woodpecker.The flight shot with a bit better luck could have been a really good one. 










I spotted what I thought may be a juvenile Herring Gull on the CP pool but I'm not too good with Gulls.








Thought I'd made a mistake this lunchtime when arriving at Marsh Lane for another visit the weather that had looked like it was brightening up had gone very gloomy and the wind had got up.I was not too down for long because for the first time in a while the Tawny Owl along the streamline was showing.Managed my best shots ever of an adult Tawny Owl.





No comments: