Tuesday 30 May 2017

ANOTHER BATTLE WITH THE LESSER WHITETHROATS.


Went to my local patch Marsh Lane again this morning getting there at 8.00 AM.The early morning sun had gone and it was a bit gloomy.

There were 4 Med Gulls on the RW pool seen from the oak hide.Two Adults,  One 1st and one 2nd Summer birds.All too distant for my lens but nice to see.

Soon ended up in the RW hide where for the first time in a while the Lesser Whitethroats were showing.When I say showing I really mean giving a brief glimpse every 20 minutes and always at a distance.One was ringed.

Luckily the well known wildlife photographer John Hunt was in the hide and he was a great help in spotting when they showed in the brambles.Even so I failed again to get any keeper shots but great fun trying.In a stay of nearly 2 hours these are the best I managed.





















No comments: