Sunday 23 April 2017

AN EARLY VISIT TO MY LOCAL PATCH.


On Saturday morning I made an earl visit to Marsh Lane getting there at just after 7.00 AM.It was sunny but that damn cold northerly wind was blowing yet again.Did this early start bring any rewards then ? To be frank no it did not.In fact I did pretty poorly with camera a lot of it was down to me.

The Cetti's Warbler was singing out in it's usual bushes but I'm blowed if I could get a decent shot despite a patient wait.This is typical of what I ended up with.




All I could find on the RW pool was a pair of Common Terns that showed well near the oak hide.




Another long stay in the river hide hoping that the Sedge Warbler would come close enough for me to get a decent shot ended in failure.It will not come close for me but kept flying from it's favourite tree onto it's regular but distant bush.
.





I then found a pair of male Blackcaps along the streamline by the causeway but I'm blowed if I could get a decent shot of them despite being patient.They would not come out into the open.

Just as I was about to leave I was surprised to see a cracking Yellowhammer on the CP feeders.This cheered me up somewhat.







No comments: