Wednesday 12 April 2017

A GREAT MORNING'S BIRDING.


On Tuesday morning I went over to Marsh Lane early getting there just after 8.00 AM fingers crossed something decent had dropped in.

Along the causeway I finally managed a few shots of the Linnets that perch on the Gorse. 


    






From the river hide I caught up with my first of the year Sedge Warbler.A bit distant but great to see and hear again.








The only black spot of the morning when yet again I failed to get a shot of the Cetti's Warbler.This time it was most definitely my fault because when it appeared in the open right in front of me I was reading a text and was far too slow to act.

Earlier I had been tipped off that not too far away on private land a Ring Ouzel had been seen so to cheer myself I headed off there.I parked up and walked a small way down a path.There were no other birders there.Oh Dear ! Had it gone ?

After 30 minutes with no luck I was thinking of leaving when another birder turned up and with someone to chat to I stayed.This was a good move because out of the undergrowth a Ring Ouzel appeared 20 minutes later.Yippee !!

It was a far way of for my lens but who cares when you can see such a cracking bird.









No comments: