Tuesday 14 March 2017

EXCITEMENT IN THE OAK HIDE.


Went down to Marsh Lane mid morning on Monday and as what often happens when the weather is great for getting decent shots I didn't manage any.The Cetti's Warbler and a Chiffchaff both gave me the runaround all morning so no shots.

This morning I had much better luck.In the oak hide a sleeping Jack Snipe was on view not that far from the hide in the marsh and a couple of Med Gulls were on the bank of the island to the left of the hide but out of site most of the time.So for well over an hour I was shuffling between two hide flaps hoping I could get some shots.

The Jack Snipe every so often woke up briefly but you had to be lucky to get a shot.







One of the several Redshanks on site came close to the front of the hide.




These are some of the better the shots of the Med Gulls I managed.A bit distant but nice to see. 












Managed a few flight shots as they flew around.





No comments: