Thursday 6 October 2016

EARLSWOOD LAKES.


Desperate to get some decent shots after a poor recent run with the camera I went over to Earlswood Lakes this morning climbing up the steps to the causeway at not long after 9.00 AM. There had been a Rock Pipit reported there the day before so that was top of my hope for list.

I was a bit deflated when I saw that there were no other birders about so the chance of the Rock Pipit being still about were reduced.On the plus side was that surprisingly the weather was very pleasant so I set about getting some shots of what was about.








I was cheered up a lot when I spotted at least two Grey Wagtails flying around the dam wall.Had to be patient but managed a few shots of these cracking looking birds.














I was thinking about heading home for lunch when in the gloomiest spot on the causeway I spotted another bird.Was it the Rock Pipit ? I wasn't sure but I rattled off some shots just in case just before it flew off.

They are very poor shots but I am pretty certain that they are of the Rock Pipit so although not keepers (I have a few decent shots taken years ago at Draycote Water) I was very pleased to have found it after a long wait.






No comments: