Tuesday 25 October 2016

A COUPLE OF VISITS TO MARSH LANE.


Popped over to Marsh Lane last Saturday lunchtime and this morning. Didn't find much around on either visit but the weather for the time of year was decent.

Saw a Grey Wagtail from the Oak hide this morning which was the first I'd seen here for quite a while.Not a keeper but nice to see.




The long staying eclipse drake Pintail was joined this morning on the CP pool by a much better looking drake.












By far my best find was on Saturday when I was alone in the Oak hide at 1.15 PM and I saw a raptor a long way off near the 2 storey metal hide.

Wasn't sure what it was but it didn't look much like a Common Buzzard so I rattled off some distant shots before it disappeared from site. I didn't realise what it was till I put the shot on the computer and saw it was a Marsh Harrier.Certainly not a keeper but it was a reserve tick for me.



No comments: