Thursday 21 July 2016

WOW I FIND A DECENT BIRD.


I very rarely find a decent bird myself I usually go and get some shots of a bird someone else has found.On Wednesday morning I had one of these rare moments and I found a decent bird. 

Just for a change I decided to go over to the NT property at Baddesley Clinton and have a walk round the grounds with the camera.I am a member and it's only a short drive so I go there quite a lot but to be quite honest I very rarely do any good there but it is a pleasant walk round.

When I walked into the churchyard I saw a bird drop onto the fencing but a quick scan showed it was a young Robin.I had just finished saying to myself "Pity it wasn't a Spotted Flycatcher" when this chap dropped down onto a gravestone. 




I was chuffed to bits because Spotted Flycatchers are one of my favourite birds and without the help of Nick Barlow last month I would not have been able to get any shots this year.However this one was better because I had found it.

To cut a long story short I settled down on a bench that was in the shade and watched these cracking birds for a couple of hours doing their stuff.Cracking birds.








I think it's safe to post shots of the nest area as the chicks will have fledged by now.The amazing thing was that the nest was behind a joint in a RWP in the corner of a stone wall.I would not have thought there was enough room.









No comments: