Sunday 24 April 2016

MED GULL FEST AT MARSH LANE.


For the third morning running I set out very early this time heading to Marsh Lane to see if the 4 Med Gulls were still there.Also for the third morning it was bitterly cold nothing like what it should be like this late in April.

From the CP hide I got my first flight shot of the year of a Common Tern and then straight after a Common Sandpiper dropped in pretty close to the hide.










Luckily for me John Oates was making a now rare visit and together we headed to the Oak hide to see if the Med Gulls were still here.With John's help we soon found 1 Adult, 2 Second Summer and 1 First Summer birds.

Some shots of the First Summer bird.








Some shots of the Second Summer birds.








Some flight shots of the Second Summer birds.










I would have loved to get decent shots of all three birds but the adult remained low down at the back of the left hand island.It seemed to coupled up with one of the 2nd Summer birds.Here is a long range shot of the pair taken from the RW hide.




Now frozen to the bone I headed back to the CP hide where I found the Black-tailed Godwit on the grass area to the right of the hide.It was too far off for a decent shot but just as I was being driven out of the hide by the freezing wind whistling in through the right hand flap the Godwit started to creep a bit closer.This kept me in the hide longer than I would have liked but I did get some decent shots.







No comments: