Friday 26 February 2016

OUT AND ABOUT IN THE COLD.


Been out with the camera three times this week braving the very cold but sunny weather but I have struggled to find much to point the camera at.

Tuesday morning was spent at Marsh Lane.It was nice to see 6 Goosanders on the CP pool but despite being patient they would not come close.




Had a bit of ID pondering with a couple of Gulls also on the CP pool but I am pretty certain they are both Herring Gulls.






I found a Ringed Plover  on the RW pool which I think is the first of the year at ML.It was pretty flighty and would not come close.All I could get was this crappograph.



.
Got my first shots of a Siskin this winter.How pathetic is that.I was able to get close but could not get a clean shot through the twigs.






Decided on Wednesday morning to go somewhere else and went over to Brandon Marsh.I used to love going to BM but those damn roadworks at the Tollbar island make the drive a real pain and for me BM has been off form for a while now and so it proved on this visit I did not use the camera once.It was very quiet.

The visit was far from being a waste of time because BM is a great reserve with lots of different habitats and is a pleasure to walk round specially on a sunny winter's morning but as getting decent shots is top of my list it was not a good day.

On Thursday I played safe and went to Marsh Lane which is my closest local patch.Again it was sunny but very cold and I struggled to find much to point the camera at.There were 3 Oystercatchers , a lone Ringed Plover and a lone well hidden Jack Snipe in the marsh with 20 Common Snipe.Romance was in the air when a couple of Moorhens got it together in the marsh

.Took a few shots to prevent the camera seizing up.









No comments: