Sunday 1 November 2015

THE RINGER COMES TO MARSH LANE AGAIN.



Last week when the weather allowed I visited some local spots with the camera hoping to get some shots but had no luck at all.The only bit of success I had was at Marsh Lane last Monday when I got a shot of one of the adult Water Rails, a late shot of a Comma butterfly and a distant shot of the hybrid Whooper Swans which were on the CP pool again.

Furthermore despite searching around for quite a while I failed again to see or even hear the Cetti's Warblers that are on site.









Things improved a lot when I attended the ringing session near the back gate coppice early on Saturday morning.When I arrived the ringer was processing  a Redwing which I didn't recognize straightaway because it looked much smaller in the hand.










In the couple of hours I was there the ringer caught quite a few birds (mainly Redwings) but the star for me was a female Cetti's Warbler. 









The ringer had with him a very young assistant.She handled the birds very well mind you when asked to guess my age she thought I was 102.



No comments: