Sunday 13 September 2015

AN AFTERNOON VISIT TO MARSH LANE.


Hadn't planned to go out with the camera on Saturday but when the rain stopped lunchtime I headed off to Marsh Lane again getting there not long after 1.00 PM.It was a good move because the only birders on site happened to be my good friends Jeff Rankin and Pete Walkden both top photographers.

From the causeway north screen hide one of the Water Rails showed briefly and a Reed Warbler also paid a quick visit to the reeds.








Just outside that hide a juvenile Chiffchaff  showed briefly (well I think it's a Chiffy ?)






I joined Pete for an hour along the causeway as we patiently waited for a Hobby that had turned up to show which it did quite a lot but I didn't do too well getting decent shots as I frequently underestimated the brightness of the background which resulted in me getting loads of silhouettes. 












No comments: