Wednesday 29 July 2015

EARLSWOOD LAKES AND MARSH LANE.


On Monday I nipped over to Earlswood Lakes hoping the Black Tern reported there on Sunday by John Oates was still there.On the causeway I soon met up with Matt Griffiths and he told me it had not been seen at all that day.Can't win them all ! !

There were loads of Common Terns so I tried for some shots of these chaps before the rainy conditions sent me scooting back home.








On Tuesday morning I went over to Marsh Lane.It was still cool and pretty breezy.Yet again whilst in the north causeway hide I missed a getting a shot of a juvenile Water Rail which was far too quick for me.

There was some more bad news when I entered the Oak hide where Jeff Rankin had seen a Black Tailed Godwit  a couple of minutes earlier but it was now out of site.I spent the best part of an hour waiting for it to appear but it didn't. All I got was a distant shot of a Common Sandpiper and a Little Grebe. 






Managed a couple of shots of a pair of Linnets that were favouring a Gorse bush along the main path.









l also managed a few shots of a Sedge Warbler.My first shots of one of these birds for a while now.







No comments: