Wednesday 10 September 2014

CHASING HOBBIES AT MARSH LANE.


After the excitement of visiting Norfolk last week I thought I'd better do some local birding so on Monday and Tuesday I popped over to Marsh Lane with my main aim to get some Hobby shots before they head off.

On both days a Hobby turned up and showed well but I struggled to get any decent shots.The bright sunshine was a bit of a problem and as usual they zoomed around a lot making it very hard to lock onto them.These are my best shots of a pretty poor bunch.











This shot could have been a cracker but I missed out.The Gull is blown out and the Hobby is too dark and the focus is not good.




Other birds flying around incl. a Sparrowhawk and a Jay.Not got many Jay flight shots.






From the Railway hide on Tuesday a late Common Whitethroat showed well briefly. 









Also from the Railway hide on Tuesday a female Stonechat showed for a while but it was a long way off and would not come close.





No comments: