Wednesday 17 September 2014

A VISIT TO MARSH LANE.



As the forecast for Tuesday was very good I decided to have a day at Marsh Lane and got there at 10.30 AM.

Soon joined up with some friends and together we had a good look round.It was very enjoyable in the very pleasant weather but other than a Little Egret and a Green Sandpiper we found nothing new.

After a nice picnic lunch in the car park I found that at 12.30 PM I had the place to myself so I headed down to the Oak hide to see what I could point the camera at.Quite soon I spotted a Fox on the far bank.






It was good to see that duck numbers were going up with Teal,Wigeon and Shovellers amongst those on show.The Little Egret dropped in again and a Green Sandpiper showed briefly.A Greater Spotted Woodpecker was on the feeders and a juvenile (?) Kestrel flew past the hide.












At 2.00 PM the Hobby showed up and started hawking for dragonflies.I cannot complain this time I couldn't get close because on a couple occasions it did fly over me.Pity that it was between me and the sun.Great fun though trying to get a killer shot. 














No comments: