Friday 22 August 2014

TRYING TO PHOTOGRAPH HIRUNDINES AT MARSH LANE.


Earlish on Friday morning I went over to Marsh Lane with one aim and that was to try and get some flight shots of Hirundines and in particular my favourite Sand Martins.

To have a chance of getting a half decent shot you need the sun out and behind you otherwise you are wasting your time as I found out the day before when I amassed a large collection of crappographs.

The sun was out (well it was to start with) and behind me as I stood in the car park not long after 8.00 AM.Managed some pretty decent ones as they whizzed round.








I was very lucky as a few very briefly landed on the barbed wire fence near the hide.Couldn't get close though but one of them was a Sand Martin.Lovely birds.








The previous day when I was trying to get some shots I noticed something I'd never seen before and that was adult birds feeding young on the wing.So I had a go at getting some shots of this on Friday.Got some heavily cropped shots of both House Martins and Sand Martins feeding young on the wing.A first for me. 















It quite soon got gloomy and as I was about to pack in and head for home a Hobby flew by  and I managed a couple of so so shots but nice to see as they've been thin on the ground for me this year.





No comments: