Tuesday 25 February 2014

STILL STRUGGLING TO GET ANY DECENT SHOTS.


It's been a long time since I took a decent shot of a bird and it's not down to lack of trying.

Last Thursday I went over to Hopwood again to try and get some shots of the Great Grey Shrike but it didn't show at all and all I got was damn cold.Then on Saturday I went over to Draycote Water early enough to beat the crowds but it was very windy the water rough and no birds to point the camera at.Yet again all I got was damn cold.Oh Dear ! ! !

On Monday after my new telly had been installed (shamed by both my sons to get a 42in one which is huge in my smallish lounge) I went over to Marsh Lane getting there at lunchtime.The day before I managed a couple of shots of a couple of visitors to my garden which included my first siting of the Winter of a Siskin.








At Marsh Lane I met up with my good friend Jeff Rankin in the CP hide.Jeff spotted that the Peregrine had left it's tree on the flood plane and was flying off towards Hampton in Arden when it turned back and flew towards us but just when it might come into range it turned and flew over Sidden wood.Managed some distant shots that are heavily cropped but still great to see.









From the Oak hide we found a Ringed Plover which was the first of the year and very nice to see.It looked knackered and had probably just flown in.




No comments: