Saturday 1 February 2014

OUT TWITCHING AGAIN.


I was not happy to Life Tick the Hume's Leaf Warbler that I saw yesterday at Coleshill because I only had a split second view so I thought I'd have another go this morning.Got there at 9.30 AM and struggled this time to park up on the verge by the bridge because there were lots more birders visiting than yesterday.

Had a good piece of luck almost straight away because as I entered the muddy/flooded field on the left after the bridge I spotted a dozen birders all looking into some trees.They'd got onto the bird which was hopping around in some trees and giving fairly decent views.No problem now adding a Life Tick.

It only stayed a minute or two before disappearing so I had little time for shots.That's one excuse for getting some dreadful shots another one is that because my 7D camera is now clapped out and needs a repair I was using my old 40D camera and I was blowed if I could focus on the bird.Here are a couple of dreadful shots if you can see the bird that is.






I stayed for another couple of hours before the cold wind penetrated my thermals and I had to race off before frostbite set in.It only showed once in that time and then it was way off at the back of the shrubs across the river.Here is a shot of part of the crowd that was scanning the far bank.There were approx. 40 birders there today.

   



No comments: