Saturday 30 November 2013

DRAYCOTE WATER AND BRANDON MARSH.


Decided this morning if I was to break the bad run I was having with the camera I would have to go further afield than my local patches.So making sure I was wrapped up well I headed off to Ice Station Draycote getting there at 10.00 AM

I soon turned grumpy in the car park when I had to cough up £2.50 but cheered up a bit just as I approached the meter when a women said I could have her ticket for a quid.Headed for the new children's play area  to see if I could see any Redwings.Soon spotted a few in a tree and managed a couple of  so so shots before I scared them off.

That turned out to be the highlight of the trip because having had a good look round the sailing club area and a walk down to as far as the Spit I saw absolutely nothing at all.No sign of the Red Breasted Merganser.I gave up then and headed over to Brandon Marsh.








My grumpy mood stayed with me all the way to Brandon but was soon sent packing when I was put onto a cracking Grey Wagtail and a Pied Wagtail which were catching insects in the sun on the Centre roof.












Did no good at the EM and Carlton hides with both being very quiet although the Carlton hide pool is now full of water.Had a bit of luck in the Baldwin hide on the way back when a female Goldeneye came fairly close to the hide.Blew the whites out as usual !!!






Just before leaving I had a go at checking out the berry bushes near the coach park to see if any Redwings were there.There were a few but a devil to get close to.



As I was walking to the car I spotted a Kestrel hovering over the top marsh.Very pleased with these shots that are heavily cropped as it was a long off.Shows you the benefit of having the sun shining and it being behind you,









No comments: