Sunday 24 November 2013

BRANDON MARSH.


Went to Brandon Marsh Saturday morning for the first time in a few weeks.Sometime ago I'd decided to give Brandon a miss unless something good was reported but my subs were due so off I went.Got there just before 10.00 AM to find a bright but frosty morning.

Paid my subs and headed first to the Wright hide.Pretty soon I spotted a Yellow Legged Gull amongst the other Gulls.




With nothing else about I headed to the Baldwin hide where juvenile and adult male Goldeneyes were on view.As usual I managed to blow out the whites but nice to see.






Nothing else was seen till I got to the Carlton hide where I got my first Redwing shots of the year.











A very poor shot as it was on Willow island which is out of my range but a Redshank was a very unusual spot this time of year.I'd never seen one so late in the year before.




After a cup of tea in the cafe which is not the same after the stunning waitress left earlier in the year I left and headed home to get warm.


No comments: