Friday 26 April 2013

BLACK-TAILED GODWITS AT MARSH LANE.


Had an exciting but ultimately frustrating time on Thursday morning at Brueton Park nature reserve chasing a Wood Warbler that had been reported there.Thanks to John Oates who tracked it down I did get a few very good views but frustrating because I didn't get one shot.The only shot I did take that morning was of one of the hybrid Whooper Swans.



On Friday morning as I was very near arriving at Brandon Marsh (decided to go there as a change to Marsh Lane) I received a call from John Oates "31 Black-tailed Godwits from Oak hide"

How annoying it is to go to one place and all the action is at your local patch.Turned the car around and headed back to Marsh Lane hoping they had not flown.They hadn't luckily !!!

Got this Dunlin shot also from the Oak hide.


I was surprised to see all the Black Tailed Godwits on the island in front of the hide.They were all busy feeding and it was quite hard to get a shot with their bills not buried in the ground.Fabulous birds.Very enjoyable.













All of a sudden there was a side show.A drake Mandarin turned up and seemed to take over a Mallard family.







No comments: