Monday 17 December 2012

Chasing the G.N.Divers again at Shustoke.

Two friends at Marsh Lane on Sunday morning told me that last week that they had both got one of the Great Northern Divers at Shustoke Reservoir close in by the disabled car park so on Monday morning I thought I'd better get over there and get some shots.

Got there at 10.30 AM to find a sunny morning.It took me ages to find the GND's mainly because they were miles away.Oh Dear !!!! I'd have to wait with fingers crossed hoping that they would come closer.

All was not lost because I found 3 Goosanders just beyond the jetty.They didn't pay ball either and refused to come close all morning here is the best I could get heavily cropped .
















After 2 hours of waiting for the GND's to come in closer and failing badly because they stubbornly stayed in the middle.This is all I got which is much worse then the last two visits.







To prove I can get shots of these chaps here are two I took earlier.Much earlier in fact November 2008 at Draycote Water when it was a great winter birding spot.









It's obvious that my kit is not up to getting decent shots at range so I may upgrade to this set up but I will need a porter to carry it for me.











No comments: