Friday 12 October 2012

Jack Snipes.

Went over to Marsh Lane this morning getting there not long after 9.00AM.It was very windy when I left the car park and by the time I sat down in the Oak hide it was very cold.The strong chilly wind was blowing right into the hide.

The Yellow-legged Gull was showing well on the gravel spit.A Peregrine flew through and sent everything up as did a Sparrowhawk from the causeway when I was heading back.

The highlight was when at long last I saw a Jack Snipe in the marsh.This was the first JS I'd seen for a few years now and I'd had a long history of missing them at Marsh Lane so I was pretty chuffed.

Things got even better when just after we spotted the second JS (known to be there) we spotted a third (a new sighting).Now 3 JS's is a pretty good record for any site.Managed a few shots thank goodness.






















No comments: