Monday 10 September 2012

Norfolk -Day 3

On Friday morning having had a disappointing day around Cley yesterday I decided to head west and go to Titchwell.

Got to the Island hide just after 9.00AM to find a few waders feeding in the mud including Dunlins,Godwits,Ruff and Common Snipe.I think the Godwit shot below shows it having a broken bill.













I then went to the Parrinder hide and although it was now 10.00AM all of the rooms were empty.I had the place to myself.I stayed for over an hour and did not see a wader any where near the hide so no shots.I had to amuse myself with a few shots of some Linnets and Meadow Pipits.















Some Bar-tailed Godwits got spooked and flew around for a while.









I then headed to the beach and joined the seawatchers for a while.I always wonder if they really id these distant grey blobs correctly.You hear "Female Pomeranian Skua heading west by the wind farm" and all you can see is a tiny dot in the sky.I am tempted one day to call out " Second Summer male Fea's Petrel flying south just outside Rotterdam's harbour wall"

A walk on the beach was rewarding as I found a few Sanderlings.












I also found a lone Turnstone on the water's edge.



















No comments: