Wednesday 23 May 2012

Blimey the sun is shining and it's warm.

On Monday I was very pleased to see that the sun was shining and it was very warm so just after lunch I went over to Marsh Lane hoping that the warm weather would bring out some raptors.

Although it was very pleasant walking round there was very little about and I didn't see one raptor.The only time I used the camera was when a Common Whitethoat came close to the river hide.











After some early morning shopping on Tuesday morning I went over to Brandon Marsh.Again it was sunny and very warm but that was were the good news ended because it was a very poor day for birding with nothing about of note.Everyone I spoke to had seen nothing and we all missed the Wood Sandpiper that had left overnight.

The only time I used the camera was in the Carlton hide when while we were all scanning round for birds an Otter swam across the water from the right to disappear in the channel to the left of the hide.We all missed it till it was nearly out of site.I say Otter as most thought that's what it was but someone thought it could have been a Mink.All I've got is this crappograph.







I was too hot at lunchtime so I left and decided to call in at Berkswell churchyard on my way home to see if any Spotted Flycatchers had turned up yet.

Didn't see any Flycatchers but it wasn't a wasted visit as I got some decent shots of a Green Woodpecker a bird I struggle with to get shots of as they always see me and fly off to the next county.











There were quite a few juveniles enjoying the sun including some very cute LT Tits (blowed if I get get a decent shot) , a Song Thrush and a Blackbird both sunning themselves on a stone wall.























1 comment:

Pete Walkden said...

Great set of shots, though it's a mink in the shot you got. Shape of the head and ears give it away.