Saturday 19 May 2012

A better day out with the camera.

On Friday at Brandon Marsh I had a better day out with the camera which was much needed as a couple of visits to Marsh Lane and an earlier visit to Brandon Marsh had been very disappointing this week with not a single shot taken that was worth keeping.

Got to Brandon at 8.30AM to find it bright,not too cold but a strong breeze blowing.Things did not start well because by the time I got to the new screen having visited all the hides I had not used the camera once.Everywhere was very quiet so to prevent the camera seizing up I had yet another go at taking shots of Swifts.













On the way back down the main path I called in again at EM hide.This time I found the pair of Red-crested Pochards but they couldn't be further away if they tried because they were in the inlet right in front of the Sand Martin nests.I trundled over to the Wright hide hoping I could get a better view from there but when I opened the flap and scanned in that direction I couldn't see them.Still swearing (the hide was empty) I then looked out in front of me and what was there no more than 20m away : The pair of Pochards.!!!

































The only other shots I took that were worth keeping were a few Warbler shots.I think the strong breeze was keeping everything down.











The pretty waitress looked so good that having had a cup of tea lunchtime I couldn't resist going back later for a cup of coffee.

No comments: