Friday 20 April 2012

Marsh Lane.

Having been forced to stay indoors for a few days due to a bad back (that is getting much better now) and the very poor weather we've had lately as soon as I saw that this morning was bright and dry I downed a load of Ibroprufen and shot over to Marsh Lane.

I found out when I arrived in the car park that the Little Egret seen earlier had flown.Not too disheartened I headed to the Oak hide remembering not to do any birding along the path to the hide because you have to make sure you do not tread on any of the cow pats that are all along the path.In fact this morning the cows were laying new ones both in front and behind me.

I was pleased to see a couple of Common Sandpipers from the Oak hide and a Common Redshank came in close to the hide.There were at least 6 Common Terns,2 LRP's and a lone RP on the islands.















Walking back from the Railway hide I spotted the Little Egret had returned but it was way over by the River hide so racing (well all right walking quickly in my case) over there nimbly avoiding the cow pats I managed a few shots from the hide.I struggle with these chaps getting decent shots as it easy to blow out the whites.















On the way back I was very pleased to find a Willow Warbler in the bushes on the left just past the stream line before you get to the causeway screens.Got some of the best shots of one I've taken at Marsh Lane.
























    

3 comments:

boatbirder said...

Glad your out and about again Max! Excellent series of images!

Kevin Groocock said...

Glad the back is getting better, Max. Did Kaths treatment help? Nice images. I was at Marsh Lane yesterday, dodging the showers!

Max Silverman said...

Cheers both.Back still aching but much better than it was and I am able to amble round.