Friday 13 April 2012

Common Redstart at Marsh Lane.

As it was a very bright this morning in Knowle I popped across to Marsh Lane but by the time I'd completed the short journey a damp mist had descended and it had become very gloomy.Goodbye to any decent shots!!!

Here are few shots I took the day before.Included is a shot of a LR Plover and a poor shot of a Common Tern but it was the first of the year for me.















Back to the this morning.I'd had a good look round and had not used the camera once.However when I joined John and Tony for a final look round the crop field they said they had seen a Common Redstart on the far side of the crop field but it had disappeared.A few minutes later it showed again but even further away.I managed a couple of crappographs before it disappeared again.This is only the second time I'd seen one at Marsh Lane so I was quite pleased.

Here are the best of some awful shots I took this morning together with a better one I took ages ago elsewhere so you can see what they look like.
















2 comments:

Millhouse Photography said...

That 'elsewhere' shot is a corker Max.

Max Silverman said...

Cheers Christian.Had to go all the way to Gilfach Farm NR in Wales to get it.