Thursday 5 January 2012

A quick visit to Marsh Lane.

On Wednesday morning after I'd done some domestic chores and seen there was a little brightness in the sky I shot over to Marsh Lane hoping to beat the forecast bad weather.

Only one other car in the car park as I entered the car park hide.Couldn't see anything special from here although I did check out the Greylag Geese in case any of the White-fronted reported locally were amongst them but no luck.

Checked out the Northern causeway screen and found this Grey Heron pretending to be a Bittern.What a pity it wasn't.







Soon saw Mr.Reliable (the Kingfisher) but he was in the distance and it did not look happy as another Grey Heron was on the fencing where he usually batters his catch before eating it.








By the time I got to the Oak hide the clouds had rolled in and the wind was getting up.Saw a Water Rail straight away in the marsh but it soon shot back into the reeds when a Mallard arrived.The only shots I got in the gloom  were a shots of one of the two Nuthatches on the feeders and one of a Reed Bunting.Pretty poor then.











Racing back to the car park I had another check on Mr.Reliable and it was a good job I did because he came pretty close to the screen and posed for some shots.What a pity that the light by this time was so crap!!!!












3 comments:

Kevin Groocock said...

Great images Max. Love those Kingfishers.

Max Silverman said...

Cheers Kevin.

Millhouse Photography said...

Great KF and Heron shot Max. It's a really big bird, the Heron, that is! I wish I had a photo of a KF like those bottom ones Max. Brilliant.