Saturday 7 January 2012

A bit of local birding.

On Friday morning I shot over to Marsh Lane hoping that the 5 Pintails reported the day before were still on the Railway Pool.

It was a bright morning ideal for getting some shots when I arrived at just after 9.00AM but the Pintails had not stayed.Bugger Bugger !!!!!

I stayed for a couple of hours and visited most of the hides but could find nothing to point the camera at.Even Mr. Reliable the KF did not show.I found out later I made a major mistake in not joining a friend when he went over to the Railway hide because he had great views of a Merlin not too far from the hide.Bugger Bugger !!!!

On Saturday morning I went over to Brandon Marsh and again it was a bright morning ideal for taking some shots but would there be anything around.Luckily for me there was.There were a couple of Whooper Swans on the East Marsh pool.





















After that things went downhill rapidly and the only decent bird seen the rest of the morning was a female Goldeneye.








By midday the clouds came rolling in and it became very gloomy so after a cup of tea I gave up and went home.

2 comments:

boatbirder said...

Always the optimist! I overslept this morning and missed the Whooper's! Excellent images Max!

Max Silverman said...

Cheers Keith.