Wednesday 26 October 2011

The struggle to get decent shots continues.

Worried that my camera would soon get rusty due to lack use taking bird shots I hurried over to Brandon Marsh again on Tuesday morning hoping that my poor efforts last Saturday would not be repeated.

Got there just before 10.00AM to find a sunny and quite warm morning with only a light breeze blowing.Things on the camera front started badly because I missed shots of some Redwings and a lone Fieldfare that were just past the sheepfield because they would not show themselves in the open.Not much to ask.

Then when I found a couple of Goldcrests in the New Hare covert I failed to get even one shot off as they were too fast for me.Things got even worse because when I saw everything on the East Marsh pool had panicked and had flown high in the sky I couldn't get round to the hide fast enough to see what had caused the the panic.It was a Peregrine.I found this out later when friends showed me their shots of it on Willow Island.Bugger Bugger !!!!! Don't you love it when that happens!!!!

I did get excited just for a moment when this chap was flying round the EM pool .......



......... but when it landed it was only a Pigeon.Bugger Bugger!!!!!



Did have a bit of luck when this Willow Tit (I hope it is a WT and not a Marsh Tit) that landed briefly along the main path.



One of my targets this Autumn is to get a flight shot of a Jay with an acorn in it's mouth.Time is running out but I did manage some half decent shots near the tip area.




A bit further along the tip area I located a couple of Common Buzzards but they were two fields away.One did come a little closer but not close enough for a decent shot with my lens.




The other one landed at the top of a tree but was still a long way off and my hopes it might come my way were dashed when the miserable so and so went back the way it came.








2 comments:

Millhouse Photography said...

You've got some crackers there Max. I love the Jay in flight and the Tit is a beauty.

Max Silverman said...

Cheers Christian.