Thursday 30 June 2011

A very mixed day birding.

Decided early on Wednesday morning to go over to Brandon Marsh as I hadn't been there for a while.This turned out to be a very poor decision.

My route there is through Kenilworth then to drop onto the A46 for a mile then onto the A45.This usually is a decent route but yesterday as I went down the slip road onto the A46 I was met with the driver's nightmare a completely blocked road and you of course you can't go back up the slip road.Bugger Bugger !!!!

Half an hour later I had crawled along to the A45 turn thinking I was now home and dry but oh no the A45 east was closed.Bugger Bugger Bugger !!!!!! So after nearly an hour after setting out I was heading back the way I came.

I eventually got to Brandon Marsh having used a very circuitous route but things if anything got worse because after a couple of hours walking round I saw nothing at all and never used the camera once.I was a broken man as I headed to the cafe. I was dragging my feet,my shoulders were slumped and there were small tears in the corner of my eyes.However one smile from the pretty waitress in the cafe cheered me up no end.

After a cup of tea and a bit of oggling I left and headed over to Marsh Lane which is on my way home.What a good move that was because as I entered the Car Park hide a cracking looking summer plumaged Black-tailed Godwit was showing.I was able to move into smiling mode the morning's depression forgotten.Also it was a Warks Year tick.

It was a fair way off but a long wait was rewarded as it came much closer.





3 comments:

Kevin Groocock said...

Bugger!!!!

Nice Black Tailed Godwit, Max.

Max Silverman said...

Cheers Kevin.

Pete Walkden said...

Terrific shots of it Max. The ones at UW seem to be miles off, sadly.