Tuesday 7 June 2011

A quick visit to Marsh Lane.

Except when getting out of bed or getting out of a chair the back was much better and I was able to get around without too much pain so I thought on Monday afternoon I would go for a quick visit to Marsh Lane.

There had been some good birds down there while I had been out of action : a Spoonbill and a Wood Sandpiper so I'd got my fingers crossed.However I had no luck and found nothing decent in my hour long stay except for a Sedgie who I caught just after lt's lunchtime bath.




The other thing that got me thinking was seeing the Black Swan with two young in tow.





3 comments:

Kevin Groocock said...

Glad you're feeling better and out and about again. I take it we will not see you climbing ladders, walls or standing on the roof of a van in Hartlepool? Lol! Interesting image of the Black Swan and cygnets - any possibility of inter-breeding or maybe adoption?

Pete Walkden said...

Great news to read that you're up and running (ok, so that might be slightly inappropriate here) again.

You'll have to give up the beach volleyball and take up dominoes instead.

Max Silverman said...

Cheers chaps.

Talk at ML re. the Black Swan is interbreeding.

Couldn't go to Hartlepool have not got a ladder.