Sunday 27 February 2011

Marsh Lane early Sunday morning.

Went down to Marsh lane early this morning to try and have a quick look round before the rain came down.Arrived at 8.00AM and was greeted as I entered the car park by a lone Skylark singing high up over the tip field.Another Warks year tick.

I then struggled to get into the car park hide as the latch was playing up.Thinking that a rarity was lurking on the islands waiting for my camera I persevered and finally got the latch to operate but alas there was no rarity on show.

From the Oak hide I was pleased to see the first waders of the year a couple of Ringed Plovers and three Oystercatchers.All a bit distant so no decent shots.

By this time it had got gloomy and there was rain in the air so I raced home for a coffee.

No comments: