Tuesday 18 January 2011

A Visit to a gloomy Brandon Marsh.

With the dull weather still about I was pleased to get these two shots in my back garden on Sunday morning.The Blackcap shot was very pleasing as it was a good early Warwickshire tick.



Having stayed in for a couple of days I braved the dull conditions on Monday morning and went across to Brandon Marsh.It was very damp and misty to start with as I walked down the path from the centre but it was nice to be out.

Met up with Jim who was doing some ringing in the coppice to the right of the main path.He had caught a Nuthatch which he kindly let me photograph.The blood is Jim's not the birds.




It was good to see most of the paths were flood free so I visited a lot of the hides but only the East Marsh hide had any action.Here a Bittern spent most of the day unfortunately well hidden deep in the reeds however another Bittern flew in and out of the reeds a couple of times but I struggled to lock on and messed up a lot of my shots.




I left just after lunch and called in at Marsh Lane hoping to see the White fronted Goose reported there at the weekend.Despite several hundred Greylag Geese dropping as the sun was setting I failed to see it.





No comments: