Monday 20 September 2010

A visit to Titchwell.

Having paid the hotel bill at Kelling on Saturday morning I planned to call in at Titchwell to check the progress of the alteration works before I headed home.

On route I had another walk along the East Bank at Cley in case anything new had turned up.All the birders I spoke to said the only decent birds around were the Lapland Buntings which were still on the shingle banks.All I saw were some Bearded Tits in the reeds.








It was breezy but bright when I got to Titchwell mid morning.As I walked down the path to the Island hide I was amazed at the work done so far with the pathway raised a lot now giving good views of both the west marsh and the reed beds.The Island hide is now open and the path to the beach should be open in a few days.The Parrinder hide should be finished by November.Here is a shot showing progress so far.It looks like it's going to be quite large.





There is loads of muddy areas round the Island hide which bodes well for waders but the current work is keeping them away with nothing to see except a few ducks.I was just about to leave when these chaps flew in.





The flock of waders was about 30 strong with 4 Little Stints and 2 Curlew Sandpipers with the Dunlin.Managed a few shots in tricky light.










On the walk back to the centre quite a few people were viewing this distant deer which apparently was a Chinese Water Deer.





No comments: