Monday 13 September 2010

A bit of local birding.

Early Sunday morning I had another look in Knowle churchyard to see if I could find the Spotted Flycatchers again.

I don't know if it was the peeling bells that scared all the birds off but I saw very little and definitely the not the Flycatchers.The only thing I did get was very wet not from any rain as it was a nice morning but from the long grass in the churchyard which soaked my boots,socks and the bottoms of my trousers without me realising at the time.What a burk!!!!

In the afternoon having got depressed with England's bowling against Pakistan in the one dayer I decided to have a quick look at Marsh Lane.

From the car park hide there were 6 Common Snipe on the grass in front of the hide.





A juvenile Water Rail showed from the causeway screens but too close for me to get a shot.As I crossed the stream I spotted 2 Hobbies flying around but they did not stay for long so I only managed a few shots.







As I walked to the Railway hide I spotted several Common Buzzards soaring high in the sky calling out to each other.Here a couple of shots of the one who did come a little lower.





No comments: