Monday 23 August 2010

Another Waderfest at Draycote.

The weather had forced me to stay indoors on both Friday and Saturday so,when the it looked much better on Sunday morning,I raced over to the only local patch that was on form Draycote Water arriving pretty early for me at just after 8.00AM.

I headed straight away to the Hensborough bank where the foreshore there last Thursday had loads of waders on show.It was the same on Sunday morning with the rocky foreshore from the start of the wall right up to the outlet being the place where the waders were showing again including numerous Ringed/Little Ringed Plovers, 3+ Common Sandpipers, 4 Dunlin, 2 Ruff and 2 Turnstones.

Here are a few shots of the Ruffs incl. my attempts of flight shots.












Here are some shots of the Turnstone which I found tricky to get a decent shot off maybe because it was very bright well that's my excuse).












Here are some shots of the other waders that were worth keeping.








Left click on the shots to enlarge.

4 comments:

Kevin Groocock said...

Good day and nice images, Max. Would have been there but decided to visit the Bird Fair - on balance would have preferred Draycote, but had to do the fair once in my life!!!

Max Silverman said...

Once was enough for me Kevin.Too many travel firms!!!!!

Mark Young said...

Some lovely images of shorebirds.

Glen Webber (Wildlife Photography) said...

Beautifl images. The Ruff just landing shot is a real keeper.