Thursday 29 July 2010

Another trip to Brandon Marsh.

Having done no birding for a few days I was pretty keen to go out with the camera on Wednesday morning although the forecast was not too good.As nothing decent had been reported locally I went over to Brandon Marsh.

Spent most of the time in the Carlton hide mainly because other then the Little Egret there was nothing of note anywhere else on the reserve and a few friends had encamped there for the day after the"best ever KF shot".Fat chance!!!!!!

I joined in of course and,although we all have got loads of KF shots, it's still great when one turns up and settles on a perch for some fishing.We were quite lucky today as at least one paid frequent visits and at one time three were present.It must be one of the best spots in the country for getting KF shots.

So how did I do amongst all this competition.Well not too good.I was experimenting with new settings designed to give fast shutter speeds to freeze the action when they dive into the water.All I ended up with was a load of crappographs although one shot nearly was great.





2 comments:

Pete Walkden said...

Like the diving / reflection shot Max. Very well timed.

Max Silverman said...

Cheers Pete.With so many stationary shots of the KF's we are all battling to get a decent fishing shot but it's damn hard to get.I've amassed a large collection of empty water shots.