Friday 21 May 2010

A Trip to Upton Warren Flashes.

I decided early on Thursday morning for a change to my usual haunts so I went over to the flashes at Upton Warren hoping to get some shots of the Avocets and see if they had had any chicks.

As I walked along the path to the main hide enjoying the morning sun I was accosted by a man with a wheelbarrow who blocked my path.When he growled out "Are you a member?" I very quickly produced my Warwickshire card and I was allowed to pass.Good to see that visitors to this site are checked out.

It was good to see at least 6 Avocets and 3 chicks from the hide.The adults were very aggressive if anything came near the chicks and soon chased them off.

Getting decent shots was another matter not only were they a fair way off but the bright sun was in the wrong place.I'm sure I would have done better if I'd gone in the afternoon.Nice to see them though.I'd only seen them on the coast before.






No comments: