Saturday 10 October 2009

A visit to Brandon Marsh.

Shot over to Brandon Marsh on Saturday morning.It was warm and sunny when I got there just right for getting some decent shots then.

Well to do that you have to have some birds to take shots of but they were very thin on the ground.There was very little about and if it hadn't been for meeting up with several friends I think I would have left earlier than I did.Wasn't all gloomy though a Kingfisher showed up briefly from the Carlton hide so I got to use the camera.




Later on walking in the area just before the Old Hare Covert with Jeff Rankin he was delighted to find a Clouded Yellow butterfly which is pretty rare at Brandon apparently.



4 comments:

Kevin Groocock said...

Nice Clouded Yellow, Max. I believe they are quite scarce at Brandon. Nice Kingfisher. You can never tire of these spectacular birds.

Max Silverman said...

Thanks Kevin.I was with a mate when he spotted the Clouded Yellow and he was ecstatic.

col wise said...

Really enjoyed your photos' Max, I think it was you I bumped into at Draycote last Monday (I had to shoot off to pick Mother up) Was nice to meet someone who was prepared to talk to a novice (its good to be a novice at 49 lol)

Max Silverman said...

Yes that was me.