Monday 14 September 2009

Visit to Draycote Water.

This morning I shot over to Draycote Water with fingers crossed that the Pectoral Sandpiper that was present at the weekend was still about.

When I got to Toft I saw no other birders about so I feared the worst and Too Late Max had struck again but luckily I bumped into Francoise and she pointed me to where it was.Another piece of luck was that Dave Hutton was there and he had the bird in his lens.

What a great bird and so accomodating as it did not seem to mind us taking shots as it fed on the shoreline.Not a life tick but I was very pleased because I'd missed one at Cley only a few days ago.

Also very close by were 3 Dunlin and a Ringed Plover.A couple of Curlew Sandpipers had been present but I missed them but who cares!!!!






2 comments:

Kevin Groocock said...

Super shots, Max. Were you using your converter? My pics are rather small and even though the Pec Sand came quite close, they seem "distant".

Max Silverman said...

I joined Dave Hutton on the beach.The bird didn't seem to mind our presence.I think Dave had charmed it.